- You all were right, every post did not have to be perfect and was not perfect. I didn’t throw any crap out there so I am satisfied.
- I got a bunch of new followers. What up new followers! I am excited for you to be here and move along side me on this journey called life
- Prompts don’t really work for me. I need to be ‘inspired”. I wrote out 31 prompts before I started this challenge and I only used about 5 of them. I don’t know what it is about having to hear something or read something to get me to write but the prompts just didn’t do it. Maybe my prompts were wack, lol
- I need to free write more often. I should be writing everyday or every other day. The free write really helped me get ideas to write about much more than having the prompts.
- The WordPress community is so supportive. I am very appreciative of that.
- There is a lot of really cool stuff out there. As I was trying to find more post ideas, I ran across a lot of interesting blogs. I knew this before of course but taking some time to read and not just write, really opened my eyes.
I have read articles that say there is no such thing as writer’s block.
Writer’s block is a condition, primarily associated with writing, in which an author loses the ability to produce new work, or experiences a creative slowdown. The condition ranges in difficulty from coming up with original ideas to being unable to produce a work for years.
This is the official definition. I certainly felt like I was in that space a few weeks ago. I think I am breaking out of it because lots of different ideas are coming and I can hear myself, “monologueing” in my head when I am supposed to be driving or paying attention in meetings or just doing other things in general. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I had not until recently considered myself a writer so I never asked anyone this before. I didn’t think I was creative either until I felt like all my ideas were stale and I didn’t have anything fresh to add to them.
What do you do when you get in this space? When I did a quick Google search on writer’s block, over 8.5 million items popped up in the search so I know I am not the only person that has this problem.
I read the cure is just write. Write about not writing, make a list, just do something in the written word. I didn’t feel creative though. I heard Solange Knowles say once it’s hard to write when she is happy. I feel like I am running into that problem. It’s a good problem to have don’t get me wrong but it feels odd. I am in a good space. Really good. Its weird, how terrible things were to how good they are now. I am not saying my life is perfect not by any means, I am just in a place where I am very content. I feel like God has worked on me quite a bit and my perspective on things has changed. I am slowly coming out of my cocoon.
People say that Mary J Blige albums weren’t as good once she got in a successful committed relationship. Unfortunately I think that is kind of true for her. I don’t want to be that way. How do I break that cycle? People seem to gravitate to the posts that are more problematic. I have some ideas that I will be blogging about. I never thought I would be in this place though. I had been holding back on my writing for so long I figured I would never run out of things to say.
God gave me this gift and I don’t want to waste it. I also don’t want to force anything either. It is a very delicate balance. I am just going to take it one day at a time and not force myself to have quotas. I think feeling like I have to keep up with my blogging schedule adds a lot of pressure and takes away from the writing process. Being concerned with followers and likes, takes away from the creative process as well. I know I don’t write for likes. I write because I need to get the words out of my head. I want people to like those words though.
I don’t think I have run out of things to say, it’s more my thought process has changed. I don’t think that is a bad thing. My blog may have to shift in focus somewhat. We will see. I appreciate you not quitting on me while I try to figure this out.
https://goinswriter.com/how-to-overcome-writers-block/ This article has some really good suggestions.
What is your cure for writers block? Do you believe that it is a real thing? What inspires you to write?